top of page
13. Limitation of Liability. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER YMCA, YMCA OF THE USA, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR ITS OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE OR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YMCA OR YMCA OF THE USA SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE; (III) USE BY YOU OF ANY TRAINING PROGRAM OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH YMCA; (IV) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR PROGRAM COORDINATED BY YMCA; (V) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF YMCA; (VI) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (VII) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE; (VIII) ANY FAILURE OF ANOTHER USER TO THE SITE TO CONFORM TO THE CODE OF CONDUCT; (IX) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SITE; (X) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, DEFECTS, DATE BOMBS, TIME BOMBS OR OTHER ITEMS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (XI) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIALS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE; (XII) ANY FAILURE OF AN EVENT ORGANIZER TO HONOR A REGISTRATION; (XIII) THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF EVENTS ADVERTISED ON THE SITE; (XIV) THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF ANY CONTENT OR EVENT LISTINGS ON THE SITE; AND/OR (XV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE, OR YMCAPRODUCTS OR SERVICES. THE MAXIMUM TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF YMCA, YMCA OF THE USA, ITS AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS AND SPONSORS, AND ITS OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES SUFFERED BY YOU AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE GREATER OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONIES RECEIVED BY YMCA FROM YOU OR $100 USD.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). Any Notice to us should be addressed to: Dirk Landfoss, c/o YMCA of Dodge County, 220 Corporate Drive, Beaver Dam, WI. 53916. The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If we and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or us shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or we are entitled. After we receive notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, we will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee up to $350, unless your claim is for greater than $50,000 (as described further below).
(e) Unless both parties agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your billing address. Subject to the terms of this arbitration agreement, all Disputes shall be decided by a single arbitrator, who shall be either: (1) a retired federal judge; (2) a retired state court judge who sat on a trial court or appellate court for at least five (5) years; or (3) an attorney admitted to practice in the state in which the Dispute will be resolved for at least twenty-five (25) years with no disciplinary history. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties within thirty (30) days of the effective date of the notice initiating the arbitration. The arbitrator shall have only such authority to award equitable relief, damages, costs, and fees as a court would have for the particular claim(s) asserted.
(f) This arbitration agreement is not intended to modify or limit the remedies available to either party, including the right to seek interim relief, such as injunction or attachment, through judicial process, which will not be deemed a waiver of the right to demand and obtain arbitration. Any Dispute that is not arbitrated, including any judicial action to enforce this arbitration provision will be litigated exclusively in the United States District Court for the federal district in which you reside and the parties hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction and venue of such court. If that United States District Court lacks subject matter jurisdiction, then any such disagreement or dispute shall be resolved by the state court of general jurisdiction embracing the area in which you reside.
(h) The arbitrator shall be required to issue a written arbitration decision including the arbitrator’s essential findings, conclusions and a statement of award. Except as set forth herein, the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve all Disputes.
16. Connectivity; Mobile. Normal carrier charges and taxes may apply to any Materials you access from the Site. The YMCA of Dodge County is not responsible for any surcharges you incur from your cell phone or internet service provider as a result of the use of the Site. With respect to mobile versions or applications, your carriers’ normal rates and fees, including text messaging and data fees may apply to your use of the Site or Services. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will endeavor to update your account information within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
17. Applicable Law. You and the YMCA of Dodge County agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of the Site.
18. U.S. Export Controls. This Site and software derived from this Site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Site or any software derived therefrom, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
21. Notice Regarding Electronic Commercial Services for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
22. Notice. YMCA may provide you with notices, including those regarding breaches of security, by email, regular mail or postings on the Site. All notices from you to the YMCA of Dodge County must be sent to 220 Corporate Drive, Beaver Dam, WI 53916 or email@example.com and such notices will be deemed received the next day if sent via email, overnight mail or courier or three (3) days after deposited in the mail sent certified or registered.
bottom of page